- Institute for the Future – Researching the future
- NASA/ESA Earth Live stream – Everything that’s happened in our history, has happened here. Humbling.
- Wait But Why – An awesome blog from a guy that REALLY knows how to explain stuff
- Fight for the Future – A nonprofit working to expand the internet’s power for good
- World Future Society – The world’s leading community of futurists
- SpringWise – To keep up with the latest tech innovations
- Robotic Projects –
- TrendHunter To look for trends and ideias for innovative products.
- Kickstarter – Upcoming projects (that require funding!)
- Leaf Science – Life Extension Advocacy Foundation
- Future Timeline – Research-backed predictions about the future.
- Tree Hugger – Liberal and forward thinking
- Inhabitat – Future: environment, architecture, design and tech
- FastCoDesign – Design
- 3Ders – 3D printing news!
- Trans Humanity – Transhumanism
- Reddit – Futurology – Technology
- Serious Wonder – Technology
- Tech Crunch – Technology & Startu
- Now This Future – Technology
- Futurism – Technology
- Singularity Hub – Technology
Projects I’m Watching
- HVAD – Ventricular Assited Device (artificial heart)
- Cyberdyne – Exoesqeleton
- Tricorder by Qualcomm – A competition to develop a device that fits in the palm of our hands which is able to diagnose a multitude of diseases (a la Star Trek)
- Genetic Engineering and Genetic Pharma
- Engineered viruses that fight diseases
- Personalized medicine
- Lifespan & healthspan extension
An excerpt from a Wait But Why’s post that really summarizes how I think about the future.